🧢 My Recap for 2020
Some milestones in 2020 that brought me the most pride and joy:
💼 I started working with the African Leadership Group.*
🏫 I transitioned from CEO to Board member at Streetlight Schools.
🌱 I began seed investing w The MBA Fund in Penn, Harvard, Stanford students & alumni.
📝 I published 20,000+ words across 14 Medium posts, becoming a top writer in Innovation.
🎓 I started at Wharton for my MBA and completed the fall semester virtually from Johannesburg.
💪🏼 Inspired by Kumail Nanjiani's transformation, I ate over 300 chicken breasts and added 6.5 lbs of muscle mass.
* To launch a challenge to engage and empower 1 million young Africans. If this sounds intriguing to you or someone you know, I’d love to chat with anyone who’s looking to do meaningful work, ideally with one of the following:
a) experience working on the continent,
b) running delightful virtual experiences at scale,
c) expertise in community, UX, product, storytelling, marketing, video, design, branding, curriculum or learning experience design.
🏢 helped start two companies.
👨🏻🏫 ran an education unconference.
💡 conceptualized an Education Venture Studio.
👨🏻💻 explored the online course and broader edtech landscape.
✍🏼 undertook weekly reflections Mar-Sep (reverting to biweekly Oct-Dec).
Some of my top hits on Medium:
Some of my top hits on Twitter:
Updated 30 June 2020
📷 cred: Lita
[ARCHIVED] What I'm exploring & working on now
1. Leading Streetlight Schools
2. Conceptualizing an education institution to scale learning experienecs and outlive my life
4. Building, testing, iterating various education and startup ideas, including courses / communities / experiences for people in transitionary phases looking to unlock personal growth, MBAs, and seasoned education leaders
(a testimonial from one pilot below)
6. Connecting with and assisting entrepreneurs by serving as
d) joining Be On Deck's 4th Cohort
7. A post on Emerging Communities For Entrepreneurs Globally (and spaces to monitor for dealflow for angel investors and seed funds)
8. A letter I wrote to Marc Andreessen titled It's Time (To Empower People) To Build